Tuesday, September 10, 2013

9.10.13 - Excommunication and Radical Feminist Witch Hunt continues!

For the past year, I was a representative/member for my local Pride board. My partner was also a representative, and helped put on last years parade and festival (which I might add was a huge success with over a thousand attendees). 

Note that I say: "was." In July, my partner and I both emailed the main director and sent her our resignations. At the time, our reasons for quitting was me working 70 hour work weeks without overtime pay to support my partner and myself. For her, her reason for quitting was a pseudo brain tumor that can possibly leave her blind.

So, you still following me? We resigned back in July because I was overworked and she has a disability? Ok, glad you're following me so far.

The QQQ (Queer Qids Qlub) has decided to retaliate against us evil lesbian bitches by "resolving" the pride board issue, which frankly was "resolved" 2 months ago. You gotta do better than that, folks! 

What I find interesting about the QQQ is that their poster child that they claim to VEHEMENTLY defend fits the following (to them, hypothetical) criteria:

1. A female
2. Who is a woman of color
3. Who is a lesbian
4. Who might be gender non conforming
5. Who deals with sizeism
6. Who has a disability

My partner is all of the above EXCEPT a woman of color and our super supportive community helped her during her coming out process by essentially acting like "huh? What the fuck is a lesbian? Those still exist?"

I bet the QQQ cult must be proud at this point. Why? Well, by all means, allow me to explain! You see, the reason the pride board "had no idea any of this was going on" (any of what I might ask? What are my charges, QQQ Tribunal?) was because we kept our politics out of Humboldt Pride. We didn't bring our activism to that space. We had the board president blocked from viewing our Facebook statuses because we, unlike other queer organizations, aren't seeking a monopoly on activism. Meanwhile Qaiel Peltier is drunk on power and has a hand in QSU, The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, and now Humboldt Pride. Ridiculous. I'm just waiting for him to get his hands on Wheres Queerbill events if it hasn't happened already. 

Also, congratulations, cultists! Not only have you gone through an actual bonafide excommunication process with myself and Carolynn, but you've also successfully run off two lesbians from attending Pride 2013! Pride is supposed to be for lesbians too. If your queer "all inclusive" (my ass) activism is built on censorship, intimidation, excommunication, and running off lesbians, then you really ought to seriously reconsider the "inclusivity" of your actions. Either that or drop the L from LGBT since its obvious at this point that they don't actually care about lesbians. They might like the "hot" lesbians or even the lesbians who quietly sit back while this corruption happens, but queer activists really don't walk the walk.

When my girlfriend's tires got slashed and she got "dyke" keyed into her car, where was our community? Cathy Brennan offered to pay for Carolynn's tires. When I was being stalked and harassed and threatened (and still am!) by a local MtF, where were the outcries of justice for us? Good thing radical feminists actually do give a damn about women because otherwise I'd be pretty frightened and not knowing how to, or being financially able to, take action. Now, it's the Pride situation.

Which by the way, I'm not attending. Carolynn is going to be hosting a going-away party for me elsewhere during that time. You might think you've run me out of town, but an opportunity came knocking and I answered. You think you have silenced us, but this is just the beginning of some very big projects for me. Meanwhile, by all means, keep giving us publicity by punishing us!

Turns out this is a commonly used tactic with activists, religious groups, cults, etc.  But what is currently happening to us is excommunication and shunning.  This tactic is more common in rural groups or places with fewer people.  

The above is a screen shot from my phone of a post made in a local trans support group FB page that I used to be an active member in before I de-transitioned.  After seeing this post, which frankly sounded threatening to me, I took the screen shot and promptly left the group.

As of September 8th, Humboldt Pride board sent Carolynn and myself the following email:
"Heath and Carolynn,It has come to our attention that there are some statements being made and posted that reference your position as Pride while denouncing other individuals within our community, their sexuality, gender identity or other parts of themselves. This is not what Pride is about as an organization to bring together those within our community and unite them with the allies within our greater community. Please do not use Pride as a platform and we ask that you relinquish your positions on the board at this time. Thank you both for your time on the board and the service you have provided to the community. 
Pride Board"
For an organization that touts itself as being supportive of all voices and perspectives, they seem not to really care too much about how many women they trample in the process.

I would also like to add that the reason any of this is even happening is because last month, I started a letter writing campaign against Qaiel Peltier.  The retaliation of Qaiel's posse was to scour my blog, hoping to find a vague reference to my position as a pride board member, which they did end up finding in this post.  Folks, we call this tactic "grasping at straws."

One of the quotes from my post about Qaiel Peltier is the following, which according to inside sources, he vehemently denies:
He has bullied women for not living up to his standards of sexual promiscuity, and has assaulted at least 2 women. He has belittled those same women for their interest in feminism.
I'm hurt and disgusted, but sadly not surprised, that the stance of Humboldt Pride board is to protect the public image of a known sexual harasser simply because he "identifies" as trans, but will kick off two lesbians for unrelated politics that we both made a point to keep separate from Humboldt Pride.

Their reaction is to tell us how How Fucking Wrong We Are© and that we need to just heal and get over it.  There has been a lot of victim blaming going on in my former community, victim shaming, deflection, smokescreenings, gaslighting, and various other abusive techniques.  


Since nymeses is my moniker, and Nemesis is my goddess, I want justice.  I will be moving on to speaking on a more national platform, and I will not rest until justice is sought and the victims involved are allowed to speak safely.  Unfortunately no space is safe with people like sexual harassers around.  This should be common knowledge.

I've been accused of being manipulative.  I've been accused of leaving my girlfriend behind to deal with this.  With all the rumors flying around regarding me, it's hard for me to keep track.  Some people accuse my girlfriend of changing me and brainwashing me.  Other people accuse me of manipulating Carolynn.  Some people just think the two of us are ugly bitches.  So, tell me, which one of us is the mastermind behind all of this?  Am I the manipulator, or is Carolynn the controlling one?  Or is it possible that both of us have brains of our own and can think for ourselves?  

Make up your minds, people.

And while you're at it, might want to read this post by Elizabeth Hungerford too.  Just as a sidenote.  Your theories are falling apart when placed in public scrutiny.  Even by your own followers.

To contact Humboldt Pride regarding their hasty decision, they can be reached at info@humboldtpride.org or via their facebook page, which is www.facebook.com/humboldtpride

More information can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/humboldtpride/posts/10151838798703966

And here: http://genderidentitywatch.com/2013/09/09/humboldt-pride-california-usa/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! (I saw your video when it was being reposted on the internet)

I'm a liberal lesbian in my 20s and completely embarrassed by most "queer" people our age. They are so oversensitive and nosy that they cannot even let other people have their freedom of speech/conscience. I am not from California, but this kind of behavior is happening everywhere.

The ironic thing is that you technically cannot be a true liberal when you are censoring/harassing people who disagree with you. I respect everyone's gender identity/sexual orientation/religion/ect. If others do not do the same, that is their choice. You cannot harass people into sharing your political beliefs.

Oh yeah, and some dumb people my age keep asking me what my pronouns are/if I am going to transition. I even got a grown-up job and wear " feminine" clothing now and people still ask.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I hope this oversensitive garbage goes out of style soon. It has nothing to do with individual identities and everything to do with a political ideology that promotes obnoxious behavior.